What is a cookie?
An Cookies is a text file harmless that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any website. The usefulness of the Cookies is that the web is able to remember your visit next time you browse that page. Although many people do not know the cookies have been in use since 20 years old, when they appeared the first browser for the World Wide Web.
What IS NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus, or a Trojan, or a worm, ni spam, ni spyware, or open pop-up windows.
What information stores a Cookies?
The cookies not often store sensitive information about you, as credit cards or bank details, photographs, your identity card or personal information, etc. The data stored are technical in nature, personal preferences, content personalization, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person if your web browser. In fact, If you regularly browse with Internet Explorer and try browsing the same web with Firefox or Chrome will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because you are actually associating the browser, not the person.
What kind of cookies there?
- Cookies techniques: They are the most basic and allow, among other things, know when you are browsing a human or an automated application, when an anonymous user navigates and one registered, basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic web.
- Cookies analysis: Collect information about the type of navigation is performing, sections you use most, Viewed products, time slot of Use, language, etc.
- Cookies advertising: Display advertising based on their navigation, their country of origin, language, etc.
What are cookies own and third?
The own cookies are generated by the page you are visiting and third are generated by external service providers such as Facebook or, Twitter, Google, etc.
What happens if I disable the cookies?
To understand the extent you may have to disable cookies we show some examples:
- You can not share content from that page on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The web site will not adapt content to your personal preferences, as often happens in online shops.
- You can not access the personal area of the web, such as My account, the My Profile the Mis requests.
- Online Stores: It will be impossible to shop online, will be calling or visiting the physical store if you have one.
- It will not be possible to customize your geographic preferences as slot, currency or language.
- The web site will not perform web analytics on visitors and web traffic, making it difficult to be competitive web.
- You may not blogging, You can not upload photos, post comments, assess or rate content. The web may not know whether you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- No advertising may show sectorizada, which will reduce advertising revenue the web.
Is it possible to eliminate cookies?
Yup. Not only eliminate, also block, general or particular to a specific domain.
To remove cookies a website must go to the configuration of your browser and there you can find the associated domain in question and proceed to the elimination.
Configuring cookies for more polulares browsers
Here's how to access a Cookies browser determined Chrome. Note: These steps may vary depending on the browser version:
- Go to Settings or Preferences using the File menu or by clicking the icon customization that appears top right.
- You will see different sections, click the option Show Advanced Options.
- Go to Privacy, Content settings.
- Select All cookies and data sites.
- A list will appear with all cookies domain sorted. To make it easier to find cookies enter a specific domain or part of the address in the field Search cookies.
- After making this filter one or more lines to appear on screen cookies Site requested. Now just select it and press the X to proceed to the elimination.
To access settings cookies Browser Internet Explorer follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Tools, Internet Options
- Click Privacy.
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access settings cookies Browser Firefox follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Options the Preferences by operating system.
- Click Privacy.
- In Record choose Use custom settings for history.
- Now you will see the option Accept cookies, You can activate or deactivate your preference.
To access settings cookies Browser Safari para OSX follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Preferences, then Privacy.
- Here you will see the option Block cookies to fit the type of lock to make.
To access settings cookies Browser Safari for iOS follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Settings, then Safari.
- Go to Privacy and Security, you will see the option Block cookies to fit the type of lock to make.
To access settings cookies browser for devices Android follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Run the browser and press Menu, then Settings.
- Go to Security and Privacy, you will see the option Accept cookies to check or uncheck the box.
To access settings cookies browser for devices Windows Phone follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Open Internet Explorer, then More, then Configuration
- Now you can enable or disable the box Allow cookies.